Given below are the qualifications that are required from applicants who apply for the post of regular Assistant Surgeons:Applicants should have the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of their temporary appointment as Assistant Surgeons:-
- Age as on 01.07.2013 - Max age 35 years (should not have completed this age) No Maximum age limit for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes.
- Candidates, who have exceeded the prescribed maximum age limit may also apply. The age rule will be relaxed by the Government, if they come up for selection.
- Must possess the degree of M.B.B.S. of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant or the D.M. and S. of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Must be a Registered Medical practitioner within the meaning of Madras Medical Registration Act, 1914.
- The above given qualification should have been obtained by passing the required degree course in the order of studies, 10th, HSC,Bachelor’s degree.
- Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should furnish evidence for such claim along with the copy of their applications.
Keep your certificates ready and prepare well for examinations!