The Special Qualifying Examination for Assistant Surgeons can be taken as Computer Based Test (CBT). The venue for the examination is only Chennai and no other examination centre has been given for this exam.
The candidate has to carry the Hall Ticket (Admission Card) and same has to be produced at the examination venue. Each Candidate will be assigned a Computer to take up the examination. Candidates will be provided with a user name and password to login the system. Necessary instructions will be displayed on screen. Kindly read and follow all the instructions carefully.
- Computer Based Test (CBT) is similar to paper pen shading test.
- In CBT, questions with four options each will be displayed in the computer screen.
- Candidate has to click one of the best answer to the question.
- Candidates can proceed to the next question by clicking next button. Or previous question by clicking previous button. Further, they can select any question by clicking the question number displayed at the bottom.
- Candidates can review any question and the answers, and the answers can be changed at any time before the closure of examination. They can skip the questions also, if they desire so.
- Use the keyboard only to key-in the Register number, User id (Reg_id) and Password.
- Candidate can use only the mouse to select the correct answers and proceed with answering the questions.
- Candidates can submit their answers at any time during the examination. If he / she wants to close the examination, he / she can but shall remain in the seat till the scheduled time of examination.
- Once the answers are submitted, the candidates have no option to proceed further.
- If the candidate fails to submit their responses at the closure of examination, the system will automatically submit the responses chosen till that point of time of the candidate to the server.
- No computer knowledge is required to take up the CBT. Knowledge in Mouse operation is suffice to take up the CBT.
- The question and answers can be zoomed to the required level for the candidates with visual impairment.
- Candidates will be admitted to the examination till 30 minutes from the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates have to sign the attendance sheet and affix thumb impression for verification of his identity.
- All the activities of the candidates with the mouse will be recorded in the server and a log file will be created for future reference.
- The Examination Hall will be under camera surveillance.