For the first time ever TNPSC will be conducting exams for the posts of tourist officer later in this year following a request from the government. TNPSC Chairman has mentioned that the Tamil Nadu Government has requested to fill up the vacancy of Tourism officer for the first time. This is a golden opportunity for candidates as it marks the beginning of conducting recruitment exams to fill up this position.
The job responsibilities of the Tourist officer comprises of following:
- producing and commissioning tourist information, including art work, and writing press releases and copy for tourism guides/newsletters
- setting up and attending exhibitions and holiday shows
- organising special and seasonal events and festivals
- devising and planning tours, and arranging itineraries
- developing e-tourism platforms, including websites, and constructing business databases
- writing and presenting reports for committees;
- Giving talks to local parties, community groups and schools, and handling media enquiries.
TNPSC Tourist Officer Recruitment 2016 Important Details:
Name of the Post:
Tourist Officer in TamilNadu General Service
Number of vacancies:
a) Graduates with degrees in languages, travel, tourism, leisure, business studies, marketing, management or journalism are normally at an advantage.
b) Relevant work experience is essential, and can be gained via seasonal or vacation employment, or by working as a volunteer or paid assistant in a tourist information centre. Experience gained in museums or information work or any commercial area such as sales, marketing and retailing can also be helpful.
Key skills needed:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and Confidence
- Adaptability and Resourcefulness
Tentative Date of Notification:
1st week of July 2016
Tentative Date of Examination:
October 1st 2016 (Saturday)
Tentative Result Date:
1st week of December 2016
Tentative Date of Certificate verification:
3rd week of December 2016
Tentative Date of Oral Test:
4th week of December 2016