TamilNadu Public Service Commission will soon be publishing notification for recruitment of Assistant Directors in Industrial Safety and Health department of TamilNadu Factory Service. Combined Engineering Services Exams are conducted to recruit technically skilled personnel in departments such as Public Works Department (PWD). All fellow aspirants are requested to make full use of this opportunity as these exams are conducted only occasionally.
The job responsibilities of the Assistant Director in Industrial Safety and Health of TamilNadu Factory Service are as follows:
1. He/ She must identify and assess dangerous mechanical motions and dangerous parts of various types of machines in factories & must monitor provision of the guards based upon the engineering principles of machine guarding.
2. He/ She must monitor compliance of periodic inspections & compliance regarding testing of various types of pressure vessels, pressure system, and safety relief system etc., He must also hoist tackles, thermal fluid heaters, solvent extraction plants etc.
3. He/ She must organize frequent inspections and amenability checks. The Assistant Director must conduct inquiry for complaints in case of serious and fatal accident events of fires, explosions & toxic gas release etc.
4. It is the job of Assistant Director of Industrial Safety and Health to render technical support to the district authorities in preparation and updating of the Off-site Disaster Control Plan, and in conducting mock drills.
5. The Assistant Director is responsible for providing assistance to the Joint Director in matters regarding approval of plans, license application, various exemption, making reports to Government, correspondence with Unions etc.
CESE Assistant Director Recruitment 2016 Important Details:
Name of the Post:
Assistant Director of Industrial Safety and Health
Number of Posts:
Scale of Pay:
Pay Band 2: Rs. 9300 - 34800 + Grade pay Rs.5100/- p.m.
Minimum - 18 Years;
Maximum – 30 Years; for General candidates
No upper Age limit for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes.
Knowledge of Tamil:
Candidates should possess knowledge of Tamil on the date of this notification.
1. Written Examination (Object Type)
2. Interview (Oral Test)
Examination Fee: Rs.175/- (Cost of Application Rs. 50/- and Examination fee Rs.125/-)
Candidates claiming exemption from examination fee should pay Rs.50/- towards Application cost. There is no exemption for paying the cost of application.
Tentative date of Notification:
2nd week of June 2016
Tentative date of examination:
September 17th 2016 (Saturday)
Tentative Result Date:
3rd week of December 2016
Tentative date of certificate verification:
3rd week of January 2017
Tentative date of Oral test:
1st week of February 2017